DOS AND DON’TS OF CAR CLEANING
by Ijas Np on Oct 27, 2021
Car cleaning is an art and a spotless vehicle is a true masterpiece. Maintaining the appearance of your vehicle,and ensuring the use of quality car cleaning products extends your vehicle’s lifespan. However, there are several things that you have to keep in mind when cleaning your car.
- Go too long between washes, as accumulated grime, dust, bird droppings, and other contaminants can damage your vehicle's paint to deteriorate and chip. Depending on the weather, driving conditions, and how often you use your vehicle, experts recommend washing every one to three weeks and waxing every season with cleaning supplies that are specifically meant for your car.
- On the exteriors of the vehicle, do not use the same wheel and tyre cleaning products. They've most likely picked up dirt particles that could harm your car's paint.
- Washing your automobile in direct sunshine or with hot cleaning chemicals is not a good idea. Liquids dry quickly in high temperatures, leaving blotches and mineral deposits on the paint.
- Out of sight areas such as door and trunk jambs are not to be avoided. Remove leaves and dirt from the base of the windshield by popping the hood.
- DO clean the wheels and tyres first with cleaning materials, then rinse one area of the body at a time, working your way down from the top. Instead of rubbing in circles, which can produce swirl marks, use a back-and-forth motion.
- Only use car cleaning soaps and detergents. Ordinary soap can end up harming your car paint and cause more expenses for you.
- USE a cloth and cleaning products that you know will not harm your vehicle.
- Follow the recommendations in your owner's manual for cleaning your car's carpet, upholstery, and trim. Test the cleaning equipments in a tiny, out-of-the-way area first, such as a door jamb or behind a seat, to ensure they don't cause discoloration or other harm.